Monday, October 25, 2010

I am a Projections 2010 finalist / Joey L.

It's nice on a Friday afternoon to receive an email letting you know of this kind of information.

In my second attempt at the Projections competition, a large photo comp open to all emerging Australian photographers and run by the ACMP (Australia Commercial and Media Photographers,) my series entitled "Depression" has made it as a finalist for the 'Overall Winner' and 'Commercial' categories.

Details about the competition can be found here

I get to go down to Melbourne for the first time in my life for the opening night and presentations, very much looking forward to it all.

I also want to introduce you to a photographer that makes me want to travel, use a medium format with digi back without having to rob a bank first, and spend some time living in NY.

Joey Lawrence is just one of those guys who found their passion, and worked hard at it, as well as receiving a few lucky breaks along the way. The difference is the age at which his work has thrust him into international spotlight.





While I think his commercial work is great, its his personal travel portraits that make me follow his blog, as well as his processes. There are some truly beautiful portraits of people the western world often leave out of their minds.
The samples are taken from numerous travels.





More of Joey's work can be found on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment