Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New old toys!

My wife's grandmother mentioned to her she had an old box full of her grandfather's cameras and accessories and we were welcome to have a look through and take what we wanted.
We took everything...


...Including one new toy I am definately looking forward to testing out - a Yashica Mat 124G TLR!


So the next challenge will be sourcing some 120 film. The meter system on it uses an outdated battery type so a light meter and some test shots with a digital camera will more than likely be necessary. As of last week my wife and I have decided to start saving some dollars for a trip over to Europe to tour through Spain, France, Italy ad Greece, needless to say this camera will be making the trip with me and will hopefully stand the test of being carted around and used once more!

One thing I unfortunately didnt get to see however were any negatives or prints from any of the 20 or so cameras we collected. They were gifted to another member of the family. So a day trip and a nice lunch may need to be organised because I'd love to have a look through them all.

I've always considered film photography as a bit of a hobby of mine in comparison to the digital world I live off, so this find has really re-invigorated that passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment